|Why is Brighthouse Financial closing these products?
With the adoption of the 2017 Commissioners Standard and Ordinary (CSO) Mortality Table and the regulatory requirement that any product available for sale beginning January 1, 2020, comply with the 2017 CSO Table, insurance companies are updating or closing older products. In evaluating our life product portfolio, we have opted to close rather than update these products.
In contrast, Brighthouse SmartCare® and other life products that Brighthouse Financial will bring to market will comply with the 2017 CSO Table. This is consistent with our strategy to reestablish a competitive presence in the U.S. life insurance market and build upon our foundation of experience in the development of protection products.
Key transition dates for sunsetting products are as follows:
- August 27, 2019
- Last day to submit Quick Quotes and Preliminary Applications
- September 24, 2019
- Paper applications with cash must be to KAFL – no exceptions
- September 25, 2019
- Paper applications without cash must be at KAFL – no exceptions
- September 27, 2019
- Tele-applications must be completed
- The last day PAUL and GLT illustrations will be available
- November 27, 2019
- Pending cases must be paid and issued
Brighthouse Financial Life Insurance Product Portfolio:
The following Brighthouse Financial products will continue to be available:1
- Brighthouse SmartCare® Indexed Universal Life
- Brighthouse Conversion Whole Life
- Brighthouse One Year Term
1All products may not be available in all jurisdictions or firms. State variations may apply.
Life insurance products are issued by Brighthouse Life Insurance Company and, in New York only, by Brighthouse Life Insurance Company of NY (“Brighthouse Financial”). Brighthouse Financial® and its design are registered trademarks of Brighthouse Financial, Inc. and/or its affiliates
For Financial Professional Use Only. Not For Public Distribution.